Yikes, I have been so absent this week! So hey everyone!
I haven’t done any of my weekly memes, and my book reviews are lacking. I wish I could blame solely it on my quarterly reports I’m working on in my job, but it’s mostly because I’ve just been in a mental funk. I would like to share what’s been going on in my book life though! This week:
- I stopped reading “Glass Sword“. I just couldn’t get into it. I will try it again at a later date, but Mare was just getting on my damn nerves. Her negativity and self-righteousness throughout the book was just too much. I’m hoping to finish it later down the road.
- I received two ARCS in the mail for review! The first one is a historical fiction novel called “If I Could Tell you“. It’s set in London during WWII. The next one is what I’m really excited for. I received “Gilded Cage“!
- I received two books in the mail (that I bought, lol). The first was “The Assassin’s Blade“, which I’m reading at the same time as “Throne of Glass“. The other book I received was “The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck“. I am pretty stoked to read this one because I am very much a people pleaser. I give way too many f*cks to all the wrong places, this book is all about directing your f*cks to the places that matter. 🙂
- I brought my kids to a Harry Potter event at my local library and we had a blast! I can’t upload the videos here, but check out my instagram if you want to see 😉 https://www.instagram.com/chandareadsbooksblog/
- I finally received my preorder book swag for “Wayfarer” (review here). How amazing is all this stuff? It makes me love Alex Bracken even more.
Thanks for reading! I’m making some design changes to my blog over the next couple weeks so bear with me! Thanks for reading!